An internationally recognised multiple degree is awarded by each University in the consortium.
Selection is competitive and based on academic performance and credentials.
We are now receiving applications for the academic year 2010-2012. The course attracts applications from high calibre students globally.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships are available for this programme.
The MSPME is offered by a consortium of three top European universities:
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh UK
- Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
- Umea University, Umea, Sweden
There are three core admission criteria:
- Excellence of the candidate: outstanding achievement in the applicant’s first degree. The minimum admission qualification is a high-quality Bachelor degree (or an equivalent academic degree) of minimum three years duration and 180 ECTS credits in a cognate discipline.
- Language ability: for non-native English speaking applicants a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent is required (e.g. TOEFL 600, IBT 100 or 250 computer-based). A language policy exists for students with a slightly lower level of English (e.g. IELTS 6.0) who wish to apply; they are encouraged to take advantage of the pre-sessional English language course at Heriot-Watt University.
- Student motivational statement and relevance of the Masters Course to a student’s professional experience to date and future career aspirations.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified copy of the university qualification (i.e. degree certificate) plus officially certified translation into English if appropriate.
- Certified copy of the full academic transcript issued by the competent academic authority plus officially certified translation into English if appropriate.
- Proof of level of English (please note this MUST be included with the application if your first language is not English unless the language of instruction in your first University was English (in which case you should include a certification from your University to that effect).
- Two signed letters of recommendation on offical instution letterheads
- Copy of ID e.g. passport
- Motivational statement
Yes, we require an official translation plus photocopies of the original documents.
Where do I find an application form?
Apply online at http://www.postgraduate.hw.ac.uk/apply/online-application.htm
Further information is available from:
School of Management and Languages
Esmée Fairbairn Building
Edinburgh, EH14 4AS
Tel: +44(0) 131 451 3284
Fax: +44 (0) 131 451 8336
Study Abroad Funding for International Students
Free Money to Study Overseas